Sneak previews of WordPress 2.5 are everywhere. Due out next week. WordCamp Dallas is also next week, and registration is filling fast. Super Cache WordPress Plugin updated. Which WordPress Theme do you think should be the default? And more WordPress news.
WordCamp Dallas NEXT WEEK!: WordCamp Dallas is March 29-30, 2008 and I’ve written some reasons on why you should attend this innovative conference on WordPress – it’s the amazing speakers covering video blogging, SEO, podcasting, marketing, and lots of WordPress. WordPress 2.5 should have just been released and Matt Mullenweg will be there to discuss the latest version of WordPress and where WordPress is going to go. Charles Stricklin offers a WordCamp Dallas Attendee Breakdown based upon registration information to encourage you even more to attend. Be there!
WordPress 2.5 Beta Release and Preview: The first beta testing, release candidate for WordPress 2.5 has just been issued for testers only. Matt Mullenweg and the WordPress Development Blog showed off WordPress 2.5 with the redesign of the interface called the Administration Panels by Happy Cog. The redesign puts the emphasis on producing content not messing around with the backend. Weblog Tools Collections covers the “Colorful Future For WordPress 2.5 Administration Panels” and the color options users will have on their blog interface. And PlanetOzh offers “Per User Custom Stylesheet in WordPress 2.5”, a new technique to allow WordPress Users to set their own color scheme with the ability to add a per-user selectable custom stylesheet for your blog.
Other articles about WordPress 2.5 include:
- WordPress Upgrade Preparation Checklist
- Are You Ready for WordPress 2.5?
- WordPress 2.5 Due March 17, Administration Plugins May Break, Tons of Plugins Updated, Add Buttons to Toolbar, WordPress Dallas and Now Milan!
- Codex: WordPress 2.5
- Prepare For WP 2.5
- PlanetOzh – Five New Things In WordPress 2.5
- Aaron Brazell – 10 Things You Need to Know About WordPress 2.5
- WordPress 2.5 Plugins Beware: Automatic Plugin Upgrade Problems
- WordPress 2.5 Plugin Settings Pages Style Guide
- WordPress 2.5 Revealed and Compared to Version 2.3.x
- Mashable – WordPress 2.5 Preview
- Dougal Gunters – WordPress 2.5 RC1
- WordPress 2.5 – Get a Sneak Peek Before Launch
- Weblog Tools Collection – WordPress 2.5 Release Candidate Released