If I had just one SEO tip to recommend to my fellow bloggers, it would be to write guest posts.
I recommend guest posting because link building is so important in SEO. Many webmasters neglect to build links so you’ll have a competitive advantage if you guest post. And the quantity and quality of your backlinks is the most important factor to ranking well for a wide variety of keywords and the competitive keywords with high search volume.
Sure, you can try other link building methods but these days guest posting gives you the best return for your time. Here are a couple reasons why.
1. Links in the content: These type of links carry the most authority as opposed to sitewide links like the ones on the sidebar or footer.
2. Free: In this economy, free is good. Plus, paid links are more risky today with Google cracking down on more sites.
3. High success rate: Most bloggers seem to know what guest posting is and they don’t mind publishing quality content from other bloggers.
4. High quality traffic: The people who come to your blog after reading one of your guest posts are more likely to become repeat visitors.
5. Leads to more links: This applies more to guest posts published on popular blogs. Oftentimes the popular bloggers follow and link to each other. If you get a post published on a popular blog, you’ll get on the radar of other popular bloggers. They might choose to follow your blog too, which can lead to future links.
6. Builds your network: With guest posting, you’ll be building your online network since you’re helping out your fellow bloggers. This can lead to possible collaboration projects in the future. Plus, blogging is much more fun when you’re connecting with other bloggers.
Over to You
When was the last time you did a guest post?