Twitter Memes are trends, activities or sayings associated with Twitter. It might be something you do individually (such as the “5 things you don’t know about me”), things that have grown up around Twitter that make it more useful (Retweets and Hashtags are two examples), or might be something people do as a group for fun.
One of the most popular Twitter Memes is Follow Friday. It is a group thing where everyone suggests other Twitter users to follow, each Friday. One problem is inevitably you are going to NOT suggest someone, who will then feel bad – is there a way to make it fair and not have people feeling overlooked?
I asked my Twitter followers today and here were their suggestions:
- Opt out – Just don’t get involved
- Categorize – So perhaps you would have “PR Twitters” or “Scottish Twitters”
- Only new Twits – Recommend the people from the last week who made an impact
- Helpful Twits – People who helped you especially this week
- Most interactive – Suggest people who had the most conversations with you
What do you think? How do you do Follow Friday? Do you have any other suggestions? Please share in the comments or over at Twitter :)