Upon setting up your WordPress site, your mind is racing with the gamut of things you want to do with your site. What products will you be selling? What kind of design you want your site to have? What blog post topics do you want to publish on your blog? Who will write for your blog?
While all these things are equally important, questions that get lost in the shuffle are the following:
- How can I protect my site from malware and hackers?
- What’s the best way to get rid of comment spam?
- How should people reach out to me if they have problems with the site?
- What should I do for Google to index my site?
- How can I make my site load faster for the sake of my visitors?
From the untrained eye, you’d think these questions have nothing to do with making money on your blog. However, at closer inspection, all these questions affect the bottom line of your website. Without am efficient website, for instance, almost a quarter of your visitors will leave your site (especially if it loads longer than four seconds). Also, you won’t have visitors at all if people can’t find you on search engines.
Therefore, before thinking big about your WordPress site or blog you built, you need to download the most important WordPress plugins below first before anything else.